1.0 What's in a name

Week 1, Module 1: 'What's in a Name?'

Introduction

What's in a name, from my understanding, deals with the issue of online identities - how
you like people to see you through the internet medium. We are to take a look at the following website:
www.namechk.com
On this website it lists all the social websites (I think) and you can search for usernames which best describes you.

Activity 1: namechk.com

I looked under my desired username (nickster - a mix of my name and also mystery which kind of describes me) and to my wonderful surprise it was mostly available. I subscibed acouple of them but decided it's kind of pointless to subscribe to services I don't use and probably wont use.

Afterthoughts

References

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1.2: The World Wide Web?

3.2 Social Me(dia) Rivers

2.2 Wikis